A Delicious Squid Recipe to Tease Your Taste Buds!
More than just a squid recipe, there're cuttlefish and octopus recipes here as well (or rather, there soon will be), along with a link for preparing a very special tenderising kiwi fruit marinade.
SQUID RECIPE #1
BROILED SQUID WITH GARLIC, CHILI AND CORIANDER
It's no secret that squid can be a bit, well, chewy. But with this remarkable marinade, all that changes. To find out how it's done, have a look at fish marinades #2. But we're getting ahead of ourselves, as first we'll have to clean the squid and prepare it for cooking. The cooking process, as you'll see, will be over in seconds.
- 12oz (350g) of fresh squid, cleaned and prepared
- 3 tablespoons of roughly chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 crushed garlic gloves
- Salt and pepper
- Half a lime, cut into wedges for serving
- Take the squid from the marinade, and mix it with the other ingredients.
- Cover it and leave to absorb the flavours for about half an hour.
- The next bit is pretty slick ...
- Lay the pieces, one by one under a thoroughly pre-heated grill.
- If they're fairly small, go back to the first one and turn it over, then the next and so on.
- Carry on until they've all been turned over, then go back to the first one and remove. Then the next, and so on.
That's it, job done, squid cooked.
If the squid pieces are larger, wait around 20 or 30 seconds or so before turning the first one over. Give them slightly less on the other side, remove and serve immediately with the lime wedges for squeezing over.
Grilled squid with garlic, chili and coriander?
Exactly as a above but cook it on a barbecue.
And you'll probably not be surprised to learn that griddled squid with garlic, chili and coriander is much along the same lines.
Just heat a ridged cast-iron griddle pan or heavy cat-iron frying pan over a high heat for around 5 minutes before proceeding as above.
This squid dish serves two people.
Mar 08, 21 08:30 AM
A quality reel fitted to a quality rod doesn't necessarily make it a quality outfit. Your fishing rods and reels have to be properly matched if you're to get the best out of them, and here’s how
Mar 08, 21 04:51 AM
Which single lure fishing tip applies to trolling, jigging, baitcasting, spinning, fly fishing and any other branch of lure fishing? Well, it is the one at the top of this list
Mar 07, 21 10:20 AM
Essential jig fishing tips to help you select the right lure for successful jig fishing, together with the techniques required to get the most out of your jig fishing outfit