Delicious Grilled Fish Recipes to Tease Your Taste Buds!
Before we get any deeper into grilled fish recipes, I should explain to my fellow Brits that the term 'grilling' has a more specific meaning in the US and Canada than it does here in the UK.
For us it includes cooking 'under the grill' with the heat coming from above, as well as cooking with the heat coming from below as in cooking on the barbecue.
Our pals on the other side of the pond use the word 'broiling' when they're cooking 'under the grill', with 'grilling' reserved for cooking on the barbecue.
Grilling is a truly excellent method of cooking small whole fish, or steaks sliced from larger, firm-fleshed fish.
When grilling on the barbecue, you should wait until the flames have died down and the coals are at their hottest before placing the fish on the grill.
Turn the fish only once, or it will begin to fall apart. Unless that is, you use one of the long-handled hinged grill racks for holding the fish in place.
GRILLED FISH RECIPES #1
GRILLED MACKEREL WITH CUMIN AND HARISSA
This recipe originates from North Africa, and uses the traditional Tunisian hot chilli paste 'Harissa' whose main ingredients are Piri Piri chilli peppers, serrano peppers and red bell peppers. It will be equally delicious with Bluefish as an alternative to Mackerel.
- 4 Atlantic Mackerel, cleaned and scaled
- 1 teaspoon of harissa
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh coriander
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- First, make the marinade, by mixing the harissa, crushed garlic cloves, cumin, chopped coriander and olive oil together with a pinch of salt.
- Make a couple of diagonal cuts across the flanks of the fish on both sides, and lay it in a shallow tray. If the fish appears to be staring at you in an accusatory fashion, cut its head off. But you can leave it on if you prefer.
- Smear the marinade into the cuts, pouring any remaining liquid over the fish and leave them in a cool place for an hour or so, turning them occasionally.
- Cook the fish on the barbecue for about 5 to 7 minutes each side, and serve with a wedge of lemon.
This dish serves 4 people.
GRILLED FISH RECIPE #2
Mar 08, 21 08:30 AM
A quality reel fitted to a quality rod doesn't necessarily make it a quality outfit. Your fishing rods and reels have to be properly matched if you're to get the best out of them, and here’s how
Mar 08, 21 04:51 AM
Which single lure fishing tip applies to trolling, jigging, baitcasting, spinning, fly fishing and any other branch of lure fishing? Well, it is the one at the top of this list
Mar 07, 21 10:20 AM
Essential jig fishing tips to help you select the right lure for successful jig fishing, together with the techniques required to get the most out of your jig fishing outfit