Delicious Fried Fish Recipes to Tease Your Taste Buds!
There are three main types of fried fish recipes - shallow frying, deep frying and stir frying. If you're on a boat, even in a quiet anchorage, my advice would be to forget all about deep frying - it's just too dangerous.
FRIED FISH RECIPE #1
FRIED SEA BREAM (PORGY) WITH WARM TOMATO VINAIGRETTE
A vinaigrette, gently warmed through, makes a delicious dressing for this dish. If you're not sure how to make this, take a look at fish sauce recipes and dressings.
If sea bream are hard to come by, bass, mackerel or red mullet are good substitutes, but be mindful of any size limits that may be in force. Incidentally, don't confuse red mullet with the culinary inferior grey mullet - they're an entirely different species.
Red mullet are known as goatfish in the USA, and sea bream are called porgy or scup.
- 4 Sea Bream, each around 6oz or 7oz (175g to 200g), cleaned and scaled
- Juice squeezed from half a lemon
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- A warm tomato vinaigrette
- First, make a couple of diagonal cuts across the flanks of the fish on each side.
- Then season inside and out with the salt, pepper and lemon juice and set the fish aside for about 30 minutes or so.
- Now pour olive oil into a large, heavy frying pan to a depth of about three quarters of an inch (20mm), and bring to a high heat.
- Dry the fish and slide them gently into the hot oil.
- Fry for about 4 or 5 minutes until they've browned and cooked through on the underside, then turn them over and do the other side.
- Remove when done, and drain them on kitchen paper.
- Serve immediately with a splash or two of the vinaigrette dressing.
This dish serves 4 people.
FRIED FISH RECIPE #2
Mar 08, 21 08:30 AM
A quality reel fitted to a quality rod doesn't necessarily make it a quality outfit. Your fishing rods and reels have to be properly matched if you're to get the best out of them, and here’s how
Mar 08, 21 04:51 AM
Which single lure fishing tip applies to trolling, jigging, baitcasting, spinning, fly fishing and any other branch of lure fishing? Well, it is the one at the top of this list
Mar 07, 21 10:20 AM
Essential jig fishing tips to help you select the right lure for successful jig fishing, together with the techniques required to get the most out of your jig fishing outfit